It’s time for our monthly Foodie Fundraiser that benefits the Soupmobile! This month we will be creating a comfort food dish that will bring solace to your soul during these challenging times. It’s vegetarian and super yummy filled with healthy fats, gluten free and relatively low carb. Great for those who are trying to watch their blood sugar and inflammation and yet it does not compromise on flavor or fulfillment!
We will do this live on Zoom. It’s interactive and so much fun! You can register and make your donation here. All proceeds go to the Soupmobile. Here are the ingredients you will need if you want to cook along with Mark, who will be our guest chef this time.
- 3 Portobello mushrooms,
- 3 slices of Chao original vegan cheese (you might be able to sub this but I can’t guarantee the taste should be available at most stores)
- 2 Beyond burgers (might be able to sub a package of vegetarian meat crumbles),
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper,
- 1 clove of garlic or ½ tsp garlic powder,
- ½ medium size onion diced,
- 2 cups (16 oz) of cauliflower rice,
- 3TBS of butter or ghee,
- olive oil and coconut aminos for basting mushrooms (soy sauce will probably work too),
- 1 cup frozen peas,
- salt and pepper.
Contact Maitri, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.