We are so happy our cars and our brains have a reverse gear. We decided that YES, we will have pickup this coming Monday, September 14, as usual. The only thing that has changed is that we will be delivering goods to the Austin Street Center instead of the Soupmobile. You can go on their website and see what they do for further information.
We decided to delivery on Monday again until we can figure out our schedule and see if we would be able to accommodate the new schedule for the Soupmobile or not. For the last 5 months, all of you have been regularly, faithfully giving to the Soupmobile and its many recipients, and that is so appreciated!! We may in the future continue on Mondays, and simply take to the Austin Street Center, as their receiving schedule is highly flexible, and they have many needs as well for servicing the food challenged community. We are open to any of your input regarding this shift in schedule. Whatever you have enjoyed doing for the Soupmobile, ie making sandwiches, making lunch bags, getting groceries, please feel free to continue that as the Austin Street Center accepts many things including all of those . (They are a shelter where people who are houseless stay and receive multiple services – now allowing people to stay there 24/7 because of COVID, plus they are located very near the Soupmobile) Their list from their website is below:
Please, no children’s items or household goods.. Due to space on our cars, we not taking clothes currently unless they are new and in packages and/or boxed.
Here is their wish list directly from their webite (all the things you have been giving are happily received!!)
· Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
· Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
· Clamshell Take-Out Food Containers (to use for serving meals). See Amazon Wish List
· Individual drinks, such as juice boxes, Capri Suns, Gatorade, water bottles
· Frozen breakfast foods
· Snacks: Individually packaged chips, fruit snacks, and crackers
· Individual packets of sugar and creamer
· Large and extra-large underwear for men and women
· Flip flops or shower shoes
· High strength reading glasses
· Feminine products: pads and panty liners
· Ethnic haircare products (oil-based shampoo and conditioner, edge control hair gel, herbal gro)
· Disposable razors
· Towels (new or gently used)
· Twin-size Blankets or Throws
· Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
· Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
Gift cards to Sam’s Club, Walmart and Target can also go a long way toward helping us purchase these items!
Please let us know by Friday if you would like a pickup. We will always let you know Sunday night via TEXT approximately what time we will be by on Monday. If you have not heard from us by Sunday early pm, please contact us to make sure our wires did not get crossed. Thanks so much!!
Look forward to seeing you on Monday, September 14!
With love and blessings, Eric and Shakti
214-235-8324 and 214-394-0583