There is nothing quite like the colors of fall! We are ready for a road trip, that is for sure. Fall makes us want to enjoy that last bit of glorious nature before the cold weather sets in! Until that road trip we are longing for, we get to have our “around town” road trip on this coming Monday to pick up all the things you want to share! Thank you all for that opportunity! AND thank you all for the great wealth of things you gave this past week. Accolades to the newest folks joining the group for giving so heartily! Everyone’s help is so needed and appreciated. Please find the list of things continuing to be needed below. Here is a beautiful Cherokee saying one member shared this week that we can color our thoughts this autumn season:
Peace and happiness are available in every moment.
Peace is every step. We shall walk hand in hand.
There are no political solutions to spiritual problems.
Remember: If the Creator put it there, it is in the right place.
The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Here is the list of things needed, and of course you can use your creativity and inspiration to guide you for anything else:
Top three most needed items are listed first, and always they do say FOOD, when asked:
1) Breakfast items, especially frozen things like waffles, frozen breakfast sandwiches and such, or breakfast bars, etc
2) Men’s L and XL underwear; Women’s L and XL underwear and Socks for both men and women
3) Over the Counter Meds, especially seasonal ones like Nyquil, Tylenol, cough drops, etc. (I am thinking vitamins are a good idea….as vitamin D is supposed to really ward off things, etc. but she just mentioned the medicines—will ask her about this next time)
Please, no children’s items or household goods.. Due to space on our cars, we are ONLY taking clothes currently if they are neatly in packages and/or boxed. Please no stains or tears, nearly new or new clothes.
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Clamshell Take-Out Food Containers (to use for serving meals). See Amazon Wish List
- Individual drinks, such as juice boxes, Capri Suns, Gatorade, water bottles
- Frozen breakfast foods
- Snacks: Individually packaged chips, fruit snacks, and crackers
- Individual packets of sugar and creamer
- Large and extra-large underwear for men and women
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- High strength reading glasses
- Feminine products: pads and panty liners
- Ethnic haircare products (oil-based shampoo and conditioner, edge control hair gel, herbal gro)
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Twin-size Blankets or Throws
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
Gift cards to Sam’s Club, Walmart and Target can also go a long way toward helping us purchase these items! These can be sent to Libby Card at the Austin Street Center.
(List from previously that they accept as well)
Individual portions of snacks like chips and/or individual portions of healthful cookies and desserts
Fruits like oranges, bananas
Peanut butter/almond butter sandwiches (with or without jelly, jam ,honey)
Vegetarian Sandwiches, ie, with veggie patties, cheese sandwiches or the likes…
Pantry items, (please no meat), and some examples/suggestions are as follows:
Nondairy milk in boxes, dry and canned beans and soups/soup mixes, condiments, jelly, whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, millet, oats – please no white rice since many people have diabetes and sugar issues, protein powder, sauces, anything non-perishable that you yourself would eat, salsa, canned tomatoes, pizza crusts, nuts, seeds, packaged meals that don’t have to be refrigerated, nuts, taco shells, jelly/jam, etc., spices, healthful cooking oil, bars, pickles, condiments, cereals, etc.
Look forward to seeing you on Monday, October 12
With love and blessings, Eric and Shakti
214-235-8324 and 214-394-0583