Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you all for paying forward your gratitude! We so appreciate your generosity, given over many months! Gratitude in all religions, in all philosophies, in so many arenas of life is a prerequisite for happiness. It is probably safe to say that the most grateful people are indeed the happiest. This is such an auspicious season to express gratitude to God, friends, organizations, all who have helped us along life’s path, and who have made our light shine more brightly.
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
Austin Street Center has updated their website with the following items below needed besides the items we have sent previously which are also listed. We are scheduling pickups for Monday, November 23. We will be picking up new toys for up to ages 12 (NO WRAPPED GIFTS) until December 7 (in only about 3 weeks).
If you would like to mail these toys to Maitri, here is her address, as she will be the one collecting and delivering them: 2201 Victoria Lane, Richardson, TX 75082. If you are nearby, you can drop them by her house as well.
Please let us know by Friday if you are wanting a pickup so that we can schedule and text you on Sunday. If you have not heard from us by Sunday night via text about what time we are coming, please know that there has been a communication error, and please give us a call.
Items needed for Austin Street Center:
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition and neatly in boxes or on hangers.
Frozen Breakfast foods only like waffles, pancakes (frozen), frozen breakfast sandwiches (please no meat as this is a vegetarian service) ONLY frozen, as they do have a place to store these. I did mention Beyond Vegetarian Sausage and she was ok with that.
INDIVIDUAL cereal boxes (not large boxes) and no milk, as they have plenty. (can be found on Amazon)
INDIVIDUAL water bottles
INDIVIDUAL juice boxes
No granola bars are needed as they have too many at this point, and actually nothing else is needed but the things above.
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Clamshell Take-Out Food Containers (to use for serving meals). See Amazon Wish List
- Individual packets of sugar and creamer
- Large and extra-large underwear for men and women
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- High strength reading glasses
- Feminine products: pads and panty liners
- Ethnic haircare products (oil-based shampoo and conditioner, edge control hair gel, herbal gro)
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Twin-size Blankets or Throws
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
Have a phenomenal holiday season! With love and blessings, Eric Biskamp 214-235-8324 and Shakti Biskamp 214-394-0583