We all need help at times, that is for sure. We are really here to help each other in the journey of life. There was a recent news article saying that despite increased efforts by the government to meet the needs of the folks who are struggling with paying the bills for both food, rent, and the likes, there is need for still more. This article details some things that are improving and at the same time show that there definitely still is a need for free food for folks in order for them to meet their other bills.
As well, at the food bank drop off last week, when asked how things were going, one of the volunteers said they are in constant need, as people who have never considered going to a food bank are coming now. To help meet that need, we are picking up on the Monday, the 22nd any type of non-perishables (items that do not need refrigeration), no meat please. Any items you might enjoy yourself (tuna fish is accepted and good). The North Texas Food Bank happily receives any type of this item, canned goods, meals in a box, boxed non-dairy milk, grains, etc. As well, please note the items needed for the Austin Street Shelter providing shelter and resources to get the houseless folks back on their feet listed below:
To schedule pickup, text Eric or Shakti Biskamp at 214-235-8324 or 214-394-0583 or email email@example.com
HIGH PRIORITY NEEDS:
- #1 is LYSOL wipes (she said if you can find these!)
- Fabric softener (always a need)
- NEW queen sheets
- INDIVIDUAL lotions
- Journals and Pens
- Used or new MEN’s BELTs (all sizes)
- UNISEX hoodies Medium sized – 3X (lots of 3X and up sizes on Amazon)
The following things are also needed as shown from their website:
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition if they are used.
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- New, queen size air mattresses
- Afresh Washing Machine Cleaner
- Maple syrup
- Individual baby oil (keeps skin hydrated)
- Individual Gold Bond Powder
- Compact mirrors
- Large and extra-large underwear for men and women
- 3XL-5XL men’s casual clothing (jeans, t-shirts, belts)
- Jeans (Men & Women’s new/gently used)
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
We will let you know on Sunday the 21st about what time we will be coming by, so if you have not gotten a text from us by Sunday evening, please give us a call since a communication error could have happened.
Thanks so much for joining together to help, as any and every amount helps!