“Service to man will help your divinity to blossom, for it will gladden your heart and make you feel that life has been worthwhile. Service to man is service to God, for God is in every man, every living being and in every stone and stump.”– Baba
Thank you all for your generosity last pickup with the groceries, toiletries, and clothes! No matter how little you may think it is, it goes a long way! The vibrant gratitude from one of the ladies at Austin Street helping with bringing in the supplies went straight into my heart, and I am sending it to yours!
Please join us in collecting food for the North Texas Food Bank and the items listed below for the Austin Street Shelter. Please collect your unused toiletries wherever you vacation (usually they will give you extra if you explain what you are collecting them for) for the folks at the shelter.
Any food item, including spices, whole packaged meals, (nothing refrigerable or perishable and no meat with the exception of frozen breakfast foods), sauces, beans, pasta, nuts, nut butters, crackers, protein powder, canned soups, condiments, etc., anything you would eat yourself and think others would enjoy is great for the food bank.
Austin Street is currently asking for the following:
Please, no children’s items, furniture, or household goods
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Frozen breakfast foods
- New, queen size air mattresses
- Individual baby oil (keeps skin hydrated)
- Reading glasses (all strengths)
- New men’s belts
- New, L-4XL underwear for men and women
- Jeans (Men & Women’s new/gently used) (Men 30-48, especially Women’s 14-16)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
- New, large bras
- Unisex pull up Depends
- Wallets (needed for carrying and hanging onto important papers, especially ID’s and such)
Please let us know by Sunday morning if you would like a pickup via text or email. We will let you know via text on Sunday evening what time we will be by to pick up. Please forward this to any friends you may have anywhere in the metroplex to see if they would like to contribute as well. Thanks so much for giving hearts.